UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/K/227 2ndJuly, 2020
On behalf of Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites dynamic and suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill 2 vacant posts mentioned below;
1.0 MUHIMBILI NATIONAL HOSPITAL (MNH)
Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) is a tertiary specialised and super specialist hospital in Tanzania organized into nine directorates with bed capacity of 2,178 out of which 1,570 beds are at the Main Upanga Hospital and 608 beds are at Mloganzila facility which is 23km away from the main Hospital. The Hospital serves between 2,000-3,000 outpatients and 1,500 – 2,000 inpatients per day.
1.1 MEDICAL SPECIALIST II – 2 POSTS
(Cardiologist, General Surgeon, Rheumatologist, Paediatrician, Pulmonologist, Pathologist, Physician, Ophthalmologist and Psychiatrist).
1.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To Perform medical specialized medical services for inpatients and outpatient;
- To supervise ward rounds and advice on appropriate medication;
- To participate in the training of student doctors in their areas of specialization;
- iv. To plan, supervise and evaluate medical services offered in his/her field;
- To prepare periodic reports regarding his/her area of specialization;
- To carry out research in his/her area of specialization and publish results for consumption by other experts;
- To supervise junior medical doctors and give them technical advice;
- To plan and supervise outreach programmes in their areas; and
- To perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
1.1.2 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Medical graduate who has obtained Master of Medicine from a recognized institution.
Attractive package in accordance with Institute’s salary scale.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies;
- Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- Overqualified candidates are not expected to apply;
- An applicants must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
viii. An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employers;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- x. An applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) or National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to Secretary,Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, Utumishi House, 8 Kivukoni Road, 11102 Dar Es Salaam.
- Deadline for application is 16th July, 2020.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise(This addressalso can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT